Thursday, April 26, 2012

Things I Love Thursday






Elsa Peretti Starfish Pendant for Tiffany & Co.


When it comes to jewelry, I tend to be fairly traditional.  Most of my pieces are either family heirlooms or gifts from my husband designed by a private jeweler.  Very rarely do I purchase anything from a major retailer, but when I do, it’s Tiffany’s.   

As a Florida girl, Elsa Peretti’s Starfish collection is a personal favorite.  Her designs are modern at minimalistic, yet they capture that elusive feeling of blithe whimsy typically reserved for children on summer vacation.  When I fasten the clasp around my neck, I’m momentarily transported back to a time when my only responsibility was remembering when to reapply sunscreen.  It reminds me of sun-bleached hair and salt flavored kisses.  Buying this necklace wasn’t just a simple jewelry purchase; I bought back a snapshot of my youth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Prep Journal Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template